Where are you?

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jefferson's Sons, by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, Historical Fiction
 Thomas Jefferson had three sons and one daughter with his slave Sally Hemings. Although the children get special privileges they are still slaves. Beverly knows that he can grow up to pass as  a white man, but he doesn't want to. Maddy, on the other hand, is too dark skinned to pass as a white man, although he would like to. The book follows the sons and daughters in their interesting childhoods. This was the best book I read last summer, I enjoyed that it told me things about history while being a spectacular story. The book has sad aspects, but it is completely appropriate.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good book. I'm adding to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome. I wonder how many kids Jefferson had in total!

    ReplyDelete