Where are you?

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Listening for Lions

Listening for Lions is a out a girl named Rachel who lives in Africa. There is a bad sickness going around, and Rachel's parents both die. She goes to live with a family named the Pritchards, who end up sending her to England while she pretends to be a girl named Valerie. Listening for Lions had a pretty good plot, but a lot of the things that happened were described in ways that seemed unreal, which made the book less good. This book is a quick read, with no mature topics. My favorite character was the grandfather, and the part with him in it was in my opinion the best part of the book. Overall, Listening for Lions by Gloria Whelan was okay but not very good.
To Be Read:
1. Eleanor and Park
2. The Summer of Letting Go
3. Looking for Alaska (multiple classmates recommended this book)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like Ebola. Just kidding. I might read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you made it sound interesting, but the last part makes it sound not as good. I might end up trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book does not sound like my style of book, but I will try it. Who knows? It may be good.

    ReplyDelete