Where are you?

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Second Slice of Life

I walk into the pantry, hungry for any snack, and find a large purplish pomegranate resting on the counter. I pick it up and set it on a cutting board next to the sink. With effort I slice it open, and the two halves fall apart. The outer rim is white, and the seeds are barely lighter than the peel, red instead of purple. I use a spoon and attempt to remove the seeds, but I only am able to scoop out a few. After a few more attempts and some helpful advice I use a wooden spoon, slapping it against the base of the pomegranate. It works! Seeds fall in to my hands, and into the bowl below. I throw the now useless peel into the trash can, and begin eating my snack. Although it required hard work, it is delicious!

6 comments:

  1. I love pomegranate! Nice description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good you get your snack, good description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A short but sweet slice of life, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. POMAGRANATE!!! I love Pomegranate! I like your slice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really makes me crave pomegranate,nice descriptions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love pomegranates, too. Even though they are a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete