Where are you?

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Summer of Letting Go

The Summer of Letting go is by Gae Polisner. It is about a girl named Francesca "Frankie" Schnell who's brother Simon died when she was 11. She thinks that it is her fault, and she doesn't talk very much to her parents because she is so embarrassed. In the beginning of the summer Francesca gets a job watching a little boy named Frankie Sky. He reminds her of Simon, and she starts to think that Simon was reincarnated in her body. Francesca's friend Lisette's boyfriend believes in reincarnation, and they fall in love. My favorite character in the Summer of Letting Go is Frankie Sky's mom, because she is a very caring person. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone. It is 300 pages long, but I think it is definitely a one week book. There are not too many mature topics in this realistic fiction book.
 
Books to Read:
Kindred
Where'd You Go Bernadette
The Joy Luck Club

5 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a whole other side of the story. I've been meaning to read this for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to read this. That sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, cool. I think about this book a lot. I will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While this sounds like its a good book judging by your description, I don't think that it's my type of book, but maybe I'll consider reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard a lot of good about this book. I will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete