Where are you?

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys: A Great Book!

I really enjoyed Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys. This book is about a girl named Josie who meets many rich people and becomes friends with them, yet feels as if she doesn't fit in, because she is the daughter of a prostitute named Louise in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Louise and Josie don't get along, Louise is insensitive and has plans for her daughter to be like her, but Josie is smart and sophisticated and wants to get away from New Orleans. With the help of many of her friends, Josie tries to escape her mother's upsetting plans. This book is almost a mystery, and it has many interesting pieces that fit together well. It is a little bit long, at 350 pages, but the length makes sense. Even though Out of the Easy has a few immature topics, I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
Books To Be Read
Every Soul a Star-- recommended by Julia
We Were Liars-- recommended by Max
Eleanor and Park-- recommended by Haley
Listening for Lions
Kindred-- for my book group

5 comments:

  1. I really liked that book too! Good description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book wasn't originally on my TBR list, but I will definitely be putting it on there after reading this review. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should get to reading this. Kinda avoiding it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really good book. I read it this week as well and liked it. Looking at your little TBR list, I really recommend Every Soul a Star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Orleans is a very pretty place, and the French quarter has proven even prettier than some places in the world. I think that the book would be really cool and I think I will add this to me to be read list. I am also interested on the historic side of the book. Have you ever been to New Orleans? If so what did you think of it? Personally I love the culture, and the food. Strawberry shortcake, key lime pie, alligator pie, and jambolia were my favorite foods there. I went during the jazz fest, and experienced a massive amounts of Cajun culture. Overall I had a really amazing trip, full of cultural experiences that I won't forget. This book sounds extremely fascinating to me, and I would love to read this.

    ReplyDelete