Where are you?

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Thirteen Reasons Why is a fiction novel about a boy named Clay who receives tapes shortly after a girl he had wanted to date named Hannah Baker committed suicide. Thirteen Reasons Why isn't a sad or depressing book, but it is emotional, and the topic of suicide is prominent. My favorite character was Hannah, because simply through her talking in the tapes you get to know her character really well. Hannah tells 13 stories to 12 people explaining why they are the reasons that she killed herself. I thought that a lot of the stories were really intriguing, but there were some parts that were pretty boring. Overall, though, I would recommend Thirteen Reasons Why, but it has multiple mature topics.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read that book for a while, so I'll probably check it out.

    ReplyDelete