Where are you?

Monday, January 5, 2015

Eleanor and Park

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell is about two 16 year olds who have to sit next to each other on the bus. Park is a somewhat popular boy who originally thinks Eleanor is strange, and Eleanor is new to the school and is intrigued by Park. Over time they realize that they have many similarities, and become friends. But Eleanor is bullied a lot and Park starts to get bullied too when Eleanor becomes his "girlfriend". Eleanor and Park get to be really close over time, and although Park has started to be somewhat bullied and Eleanor is being threatened at home they are happy with each other. My favorite character was Park and I thought he was kind of the main character. There are a lot of mature topics in Eleanor and Park, but I would definitely recommend it.

To Be Read:
- Where She Went
- Fangirl
- Looking for Alaska

2 comments:

  1. I read the book before and I didn't really like it, but if you like that book then you might like Looking For Alaska. I strongly recommend Looking for Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of that book, still haven't read it, but I have wanted to. Sorry you got the flu. :(

    ReplyDelete