Where are you?

Sunday, March 8, 2015

March 9th: Slice of Life

I hear a hysterical laugh, and smile. Tapping my foot rhythmically on the bed as I flip each page of my book. Each chapter brings new excitements, and discoveries. I glance at my calendar, briefly skimming the many things I have left to do. My eyes return to the book I am reading. Action, description, emotion. I reach page 350 and debate: there are other things I should be doing. But I read one more word, and another, and cannot stop. The child outside laughs more. I look out my window, and then bring my eyes back to the book, and the story it tells.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good book, what book was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how you narrated the story. What book was it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that feeling! Usually it's at night then I stay up till 11:30 and I think, I need to sleep, but read for 30 more minutes then go to sleep. What book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Willa, I usually read for a good 2 hours. By then it is 11:00 PM, and my cat gives me the stink eye wondering why I am still up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What book is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What book is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a really good book. What was it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice SOL! I really like the description and how you said "Tapping my foot rhythmically on the bed as I flip each page of my book. Each chapter brings new excitements, and discoveries."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I to love to read even when there is SO much other stuff i should be doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I to love to read even when there is SO much other stuff i should be doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the way you described your book. I (like Grace) also love reading when I have other stuff to do. Nice :P

    ReplyDelete