Where are you?

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Slice of Life for March 1st

I wake up, startled. "Welcome to Denver, Colorado. The local time is....". After over 16 hours of traveling we have finally arrived-- all the way from Australia. It is 12:00am, bout the same time that we left because of the time change. I stand up and lift up my bag. I feel like I am sleepwalking as I move through the jetway. After picking up our bags and going down to the parking lot I am ready to be going home. As I step into the freezing air I rub my arms to keep myself warm. I wait and wait for the car. I count the minutes: 5...10...15. And then I see the car pull up. I put my suitcase in the trunk and get in the car. We drive away from the airport... and I don't look back.

7 comments:

  1. No kidding! You must have been used to the warmth and know you are hear in the cold. I always get the feeling that I'm sleep walking and then in the morning, I barely remember it. I liked this slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last sentence. Great description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveling at strang hours, Whooooo! I like the 5...10....15.... part

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming back from long trips is always weird, especially at late hours and long flights. You described it so well. I especially related to the sleepwalking part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I came back from London I felt like it was 1:30 am but it was 2 pm. I also find it weird that at least for me everything seems off. Like my house, the food and even my friends. Nice slice though you had a good voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like how you did this slice i felt like that when we got in at 1.00 am from California

    ReplyDelete
  7. Australia is such a lovely place, I remember feeling exactly the same when I came back from there nice slice!

    ReplyDelete